When negativity meets positivity, life neutralizes and meets its balance.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Entry 564: The purpose of an online space..

Well, something which triggered me to think for several times.

Why do you privatize online networks or spaces?

Well, I could understand if you have overwhelming number of people or strangers adding you over in Facebook. You limit the access and set permissions for adding as you do not wish to have people you do not know in the network.

However, sometimes it seems to defeat the purpose of the set-up of the network isnt it? Social networking ... as it suggests.. means to bring together people with mostly common interests etc.
But if you don't start chatting and all, how would you know the two of you, strangers, could become best pals with same thinkings and sharings?

Take instagram for the first example.
This application allows you to snap photos, edit and add captions and tags to it to show the WORLD. If you just want to show your friends, relatives and family, why not just send them the pic? -,- instead of creating an account and go through some kind of hassle in setting privacy.. wait.. you mean you can't let people see photos of the scenery you caught in picture? You mean you are shy to show the public your camwhoring pictures? Oh.. save it please.. if you're afraid.. just look into the mirror and pose without the need to snap. You can enjoy quite a bit already I reckon.

What about blogs?
If you want to privatize, why not just get a diary? Save the electricity. Save the account set-up timing. Save the trouble to pimp your site. How much does your diary need to cost? Get an exercise book and wrap or design it just like what most people have done in primary and secondary school! Easy and cheap! No one will intrude your privacy cos you will probably hide your diary well. If you think you need some people to know, text them or something. Isn't that easier? Instead of needing you to invite them to view your stuffs online.. again, going through the hassle of signing into email accounts, clicking on your mail, and clicking on the link you sent which would grant permission to access to your blog -.- Hilarious.. Is there something you're afraid others might know? Like I mentioned, write on the exercise book then.

I have never set my accounts on private before. Not that I am flawless and nothing to be exposed. Every human make mistakes.. I can confess, admit and I have the guts to show. I don't deny to cover up my ass. I shit and I tell the world. Why? Cos I believe in realising what is wrong.. or right and confession is not notorious. Confession can lead to some kind of enlightenment at times too ;)

Anyways, this is just a personal opinion.. You can beg to defer! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment