When negativity meets positivity, life neutralizes and meets its balance.

Friday, September 12, 2014

Entry 585: I should have realized this earlier..


It could happen even when you don’t mean it.

“Having to be cautious in a relationship, be it your actions or words, does not necessarily means that the relationship is going downhill. It could also mean that you still care about how he/she feels.”

 

Lately, I have been asking a little too much. Well, it could be an understatement with that “little” but I really don’t mean bad. He has his worries too and I know it. I don’t know exactly how he feels and I tend to ask a lot more than he can handle. I’m really sorry.

 

He told me aftermath when I posted something unpleasant on the net (of course, I deleted it after he text me with his reply) that he don’t wish to be interviewed or questioned too much by me. He has a fair share of worries and I shouldn’t have made him feel intimidated by all the questions raised. I agreed I did ask too much after reflecting on myself but I just want to be part of his life. I tried too hard, I assume. He told me it is fine to just ask, “Fun?” or “Tired?”, simple questions like that to show I care. I always thought it is worse to just give replies like that – short one or two word. They are the worst messages. I feel that messages like that are redundant and meaningless. However, if I were to think deeper earlier, I should have realized that we all have different aspects in life to juggle with. It is hard to maintain a balance and it is hard to always give a full, long and detailed message reply. I mean, we have been together for so long, it is ok, really, to just exchange short messages at times, especially when we are tied down with work.

 

I miss him a lot more now when I’m carrying our second daughter. I didn’t know I will bother him this much cos I used to hang-out with my friends and sent short replies to him too. We used to be a 1+1 wherever we go, until…last year? I started heavy clubbing and hanging out with my girlfriends, thus neglecting him. I thought it was ok, cos he was the one who focused too much on gadgets and games that even when we were home together, we barely talked.

 

I once left him for that same reason. Then one day, he told me how he was desperately yet patiently waiting for me to come home, and talked to me about how he feels. He didn’t game that day. He was just waiting for me to be back. I came back, all tired and sleepy. I fell asleep while he was gently telling me how he had felt. He stopped and then, a call came in. I started chatting away, wide awake. He was asleep, but not deep or sound. It really hurt him that time. To think of it now, I still feel guilty. I should have given a second thought. I should have listened to him. I thought of myself so much that I didn’t realize, he knew his mistake and wanted to amend. It wasn’t too late. I just didn’t bother to give him a chance back then. I was wrong myself.

 

They have all passed and should serve a valuable lesson for us to cherish each other more. Though there are times I stumble and future seems grey, we are still here for each other. I am thankful. I am thankful that he has stayed with me.

Hubby, if you ever read this, I wanna say,
“Thank you for being here for me. You may not always be physically around when I am in need but I thank you for loving me and caring for our little family. You are not the best in other people’s world, but you are the best I have found. I am sorry that I made you tear and disappointed. You forgave me times and times again that I should feel ashamed. But I am shamelessly holding on to you. I want you to know, I love you. Please continue to stay with me.”

 

To end this post off, I would just like to remind all couples..

Being comfortable is a good thing. But being too comfortable may make you forget about how important it is to still want to know how the other party may feel if you do this or that. The tendency of either or both parties being complacent may someday lead to a separation that none could explain either. And that probably goes with this.. “I don’t know why we broke up. We just agreed mutually.”

 

Til then..

No comments:

Post a Comment