When negativity meets positivity, life neutralizes and meets its balance.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Entry 587: The start of chapter : Faith Averia



Sleep Like A Boss!
18-09-2014 : The start of labour
 
Everyone knows labour is like having bones crushed and we heard that this is tougher than men going army. Guys will never understand how their wife felt at that very moment. He probably seen the hardship she was going through from her facial and body expression and/or whines; he perhaps felt the pinch while his wife was going through the excruciating pain from the contraction that intensified as time dragged on.
So this was what happen..
At around evening 4-5pm, I started having mild pain that last about half a minute. They were very regular at approx. 5 minute interval. I could endure the pain and I raised it to my mom and sis who were present that night. I then commented to my hubby, "I don't know if this is Braxton hicks (fake contraction) or the real thing. It doesn't feel like the contraction I had when in labour with Claire."
 
Our initial plan
As night falls, I am certain that they come regularly. Earlier that noon, Hubby and I have arranged an appointment to go in in the morning at 8am to induce labour as I will be due by then and induction is better to be conducted before 40weeks and 2days (claimed the doctor). I was really having sleepless nights due to the impatient waiting, anxiety, frequent toilet trips and almost-every-day leg ache. I went back and googled on "Exercises that helps induce labor". I did the exercises bit by bit from time to time. I did not overstrain or do as long and as much as suggested in the videos.
 
I did begin to feel some cramps but they were really, really mild. They were, at that point, regular too. So I continued the exercises whenever I felt okay to do so. They perhaps did help, I can't conclude. No harm trying!
My ultimate decision
Around 9pm, I told hubby (he had suggested going to the hospital several times by then) that I think I want to go hospital. I showered again and ensured I have packed everything in my bag. I was uncertain if it was real contraction, thus the hesitation. I really can't take the disappointment cos I have been anticipating her arrival a week ago when I had lightning crotch (the shooting pain up the pelvic whenever I stand or start walking).
Transport: Bus
Amazingly, Hubby and I took the bus to KKH, from CCK. I don't know how long it took to reach as the bus was going on a faster speed than daytime and we skipped a few stops due to fewer commuters. We reached the Delivery suite counter about 10 to 15minutes to 12am. Next, I was asked to be on belts to track foetus's heartbeat and contractions for about an hour and wait for the doctor to assess my condition. In less than an hour, I was told by the nurse that I am having contractions and was 4cm dilated. The doctor came in and signed for me to go to the labor ward. I was so excited, yet worried of the pain at the same time. I have experienced once when I had Claire, it was irregular and torturous~! I felt the pain somehow before it actually intensified like the first.
Time checked: 1am
I entered the labor ward. Changed into the white robe and lied on bed with those belts and two big 'buttons' on my tummy. The contraction did feel bad now, but not as worse as the first labor. Could not really sleep as the contractions came every 3 to 4 minutes. I looked at the digital clock in the suite every now and then to realise that an hour has passed after another.
Time to stop the pain
At 4am, I called hubby who was dead tired and asleep. I asked if I should have epidural and I said I think I want epidural. He told me to call the nurse if I really want it. The nurse came in (I shall skip all the unhappiness I had with the hospital) and later the anaesthetist. That injection on the back made everything better. I slept and time to time, nurses or doctors come in to check my cervix to see how much it has dilated. It was dilating steadily at 1cm every hour. By 7cm, a handsome doctor (haha) burst my water bag. I don't feel any pain thanks to epidural.
 
Push!
I was fully dilated by 10am and was told to push by the midwife, who was assisted by a female medical student. With about three rounds of pushing, three to four pushes per round, Faith Averia is out!! :D Finally! She cried a lot more than Claire and her double eyelid was the first to attract Hubby and my attention >.<!
Nightmare was about to begin
The nightmare of being stitch up after the epidural had worn off was my worst nightmare ever. Though it didn't hurt as badly as when I had Claire, it certainly was the worst part I ever felt (apart from the contractions when I was in labor with Claire). The first round of stitching took like forever and I felt very very weary minutes after the doctor started stitching. She gave another round of anaesthetics but I can still feel the thread stringing through. When I woke, I was told to have another round of stitching as the first doctor has missed out the tear on the right. I was devastated. This time round, it took a shorter time but it hurts SO DAMN BAD. I sweat and held so tightly onto hubby. I even started "ahhhhhhhhhh" when I did not even do so when I had super terrible contraction -_-
 
Confinement
I bet I am going to face all the side-effects of backache etc sooner or later. This time round, I have my confinement at my mom's place. There was no air-con and I have to depend solely on the ceiling fan. There is another fan just beside the bed but I tried to minimize the use. I was cold but I perspired madly every night. Up to 2 nights ago, I only felt some discomfort while having to sit up to breastfeed. It worsens last night and I could not turn to carry Faith up onto the cushion as the ache was pulling from my lower back to near the butt. I called hubby who carried her up for me. By then, the bed, pillow and bolster were soaking wet again.
 
 
The first dress
Wanted to bring Faith out in this pink dress which Claire didn't have a chance to wear but mom told me to leave her at home. Well, it is good though since she is barely a week old. Pardon the pacifier !


My first make after delivery.
I realized how big my hip has become T^T I can't even fit in any of my pants that I used to wear regularly before I conceived Faith! That is saddening enough. Decided to put on some make-ups and tada! Make-up does wonder, doesn't it? :D

My hair is in a mess, my figure is taking its own sweet time to shape. The woes of post-delivery! Guys, never take your wife for granted! She went through the toughest time to carry your child with caution in her for that few months which you think were easy. She went through physical change just to bear and deliver your child. Please, be nice and loving like you have before another member was added in your life.

Ok, my elder daughter needs my attention now.


Childbirth isn't easy. Parenthood too. Try to understand and cherish these people :

1) The one who have given birth to you
2) The one who deliver your child
3) The one who you have brought to this world

Nothing is more important than the bonds and love you can build and share with family. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment